To prepare for breast augmentation surgery, you might have to:
- Take a blood test
- Stop smoking
- Take specific medications or adjust your existing medications
- Stop taking various recreational drugs, like cocaine
- Avoid taking certain anti-inflammatory drugs and aspirin as they could increase bleeding
Two Weeks before Your Orange County Breast Augmentation Surgery:
- Confirm your pre-operation history as well as physical appointment with the family doctor or internist
- Vitamins are vital in healing. Start taking multivitamins along with minerals and iron to get in good shape.
- In case you develop an illness or a cold before your breast augmentation surgery, promptly notify your doctor
- Make certain arrangements and have somebody pick you up after your surgery and stay with you, especially during the initial 24 hours
- Make sure you stop all phentermine-type and herbal medications including supplemental Vitamin E
One Week before Your Breast Augmentation Surgery:
- Pick up all your prescription medicines from your pharmacy
- Please let your doctor know if you’ve a cold or other infection, as you require treatment for these ailments before the augmentation surgery
- Stop drinking alcohol
Two Days before Your Breast Augmentation Surgery:
- Go to the pharmacy and fill all your prescriptions
- Purchase Betadine™ Scrub liquid soap
- Go to the convenient store and buy “light foods” like tea, juices, soup, crackers, toast, bagels, jelly, etc
- Also, buy a stool softener, like Colace, as pain medication might lead to constipation
One Day before Your Breast Augmentation in Orange County:
- Pick loose clothing that you can wear to the clinic or/and to change into after your Orange County plastic surgery. You don’t have to bring a bra with you to wear after the surgery, as you will receive a surgical bra or sports bra.
- Also, prepare a recovery pack (preferably small) to bring to the clinic that contains essential items, so that you don’t need to worry about them after the surgery. The pack may include simple dry snacks, a water bottle, ID (e.g., driver’s license), a credit card and some cash, for example.
- Continue to take all medication prescribed to you, with the exception of blood thinners (if you are unsure, please consult with your doctor)
- Do not eat or drink anything, including water, after midnight before the surgery
The Day of Your Breast Augmentation Surgery:
- Don’t wear wigs, hairpieces, hairpins, or jewelry
- Dress in loose and comfortable clothes. Don’t wear panty hose or pullover tops.
- Make sure you shower and wash with basic soap and water. Note that there isn’t need for special cleansing shampoos or soaps.
- Don’t apply any antiperspirant or body lotion
- Don’t take any diabetic medication